Let's face it. Most of us reading this blog aren't exactly independently wealthy. In fact, I'm guessing that a large percentage of us are poor students with tight budgets and three-digit paychecks (not three digits in the thousands, mind you). So, how do we meaningfully and substantially care for orphans when our resources are limited? Here are just a few ideas:
-Consider giving up a certain luxury each month. Maybe it's coffee, or an extra top, or that night at the movies. Most of us could probably find some way to cut out some extra expenses and put that money towards orphan ministry!
-Volunteer your support to friends or a local family that is adopting. Show them how much you love what they are doing by offering to help with needs they have around the house (watching kids, etc.) or writing them an encouragement card.
-Volunteer locally. Maybe you could encourage some foster children around you or help out in a nearby adoption agency or orphan care ministry.
-Involve your friends and family to spread costs out. Maybe you'd like to donate to a certain project together or jointly sponsor a child.
-Ask that a donation be made to an orphan care ministry in exchange for receiving birthday or Christmas gifts yourself.
-Set aside a small portion of your income each month to give towards a specific orphan care project. Even if you can only afford $5 a month, by year's end, you will have $60 to give to orphans or adoption!
-Pray, pray, pray. It's free, but is the most important means of serving orphans!
Please post a comment if you have any more great giving ideas for those of us with small incomes! I'd love to hear your ideas!
1 comment:
Good ideas! I have been looking for an agency around here, to volunteer at. I hope I find something soon.
Post a Comment