I'm so excited to introduce this little face to you all as my new sponsor child! Knowing since this past spring that Perry had a family coming for him, I was on the hunt for a new little person to love at Shepherd's Field this summer. It didn't take long for this girl, Heather, to work her way deep in my heart and though I could easily sponsor every single child I met there, she definitely stood out as "the one." Like two of my previous sponsor children (Niu Niu and Madeline), Heather is a heart baby from Samaritan's House. Her personality reminded me a little of Niu Niu, though she's not nearly as outgoing with strangers. It was a fun challenge this summer to make her warm up to and like me, and I'm glad to say, we did finally hit it off. Tickle fights were largely the means through which we became friends, and my heart would always melt when she would laugh so hard that her face would dissolve into a mess of wrinkles. And though we often had to start over from scratch each new time I'd enter her house, it was always a fun surprise when my efforts to befriend her paid off and she'd suddenly come right up to me and want to be held or go on a walk down the hall of her house. She melted my heart in a special way and I've been counting down the days until Perry's family came and she could be my next little lovey at Shepherd's Field! Hope you enjoy "meeting" her...she is every bit as cuddly and lovable and adorable in person as she is in pictures! <3


Painting her toesies this summer...
The first little outfit and magnadoodle I sent her (before she was officially my sponsor girl...just couldn't resist!)
Heather Liu Rongying
Born April 7, 2009
Complex heart condition
Always in *my* heart...
No comments:
Post a Comment